Wednesday 23 July 2008

Glasgow East

I drove through the constituency again on Monday afternoon and like before it seemed clear that the SNP had by far the greater visible presence.

But what's this in today's Scotsman?

IN NUMBERS LABOUR

3,000 posters put up on lamp posts

and:
SNP

5,000 posters put up on lampposts

3,000 to 5,000? It didn't seem like that to me. Nothing like it, in fact.

And here's a local's opinion. Derek White says:

"I walk to the bus stop and all I see are SNP banners or flags. I haven't seen a single Labour flag nor have I received any campaign literature. It's all been from the SNP."
Perhaps it's really true that the Scottish media is stuck in the Labour camp.

1 comment:

David Farrer said...

Comments from previous template:

Bill (Scotland)
john b - lol - as often happened with posters put up by yours truly for quite a few elections for one of the other parties

24 July 2008, 11:02:16 GMT+01:00
– Like – Reply





john b
To be fair, it says 3000 posters were "put up", not "put up and not almost immediately torn down by angry mobs"

23 July 2008, 23:36:14 GMT+01:00