Wednesday 13 April 2005

Am I a green eurosceptic Tory?

Doctor Vee isn't surprised to find out that he supports the LibDems.

I took the test with this result:

Who Should You Vote For?

Who should I vote for?

Labour -22
Conservative 47
Liberal Democrat -50
UK Independence Party 46
Green 31


You should vote: Conservative

The Conservative Party is strongly against joining the Euro and against greater use of taxation to fund public services. The party broadly supported the Iraq war and backs greater policing and ID cards. The Tories are against increasing the minimum wage above the rate of inflation, and have committed to abolishing university tuition fees. They support 'virtual vouchers' for private education.

Take the test at Who Should You Vote For

I imagine the strong showing for the Greens is the result of my supporting road pricing, being against ID cards and in favour of drug liberalisation. The high UKIP score is self-explanatory and the Conservative percentage is presumably driven by EU and tax considerations. The test confirms that the "Liberal" Democrats are not exactly liberal: no surprise there. Stuart will be unhappy at the absence of an SNP option but support for independence is compatible with all combinations of the policy options offered.

1 comment:

David Farrer said...

Comments made on previous template:

Andrew Ian Dodge
I got 3 on Green too...plus over 50 Tory and quite high for 20.
19 April 2005, 01:02:14 GMT+01:00 – Like – Reply

Trackback
Trackback message
Title: How They Voted 2005
Excerpt: OK, here's another bit of election fun: a test to see how closely your MP's voting behaviour during the last Parliament matches how you yourself would have voted on real, actual House of Commons votes. This one follows hard on the heels of an England...
Blog name: Independence
15 April 2005, 05:08:46 GMT+01:00 – Like – Reply

Stuart Dickson
Allegedly I'm a Green:

http://scottish-independence.blogspot.com/2005/04/who-should-i-vote-for.html
.
13 April 2005, 23:46:45 GMT+01:00 – Like – Reply

Trackback
Trackback message
Title: Who Should I Vote For?
Excerpt: Why, SNP of course, you drongo.

Mais non!

My preferred political party is missing from the possible options, but I took the test anyway.

Allegedly, if the SNP were not standing, I should vote Green. Bleugh... !

Thank heavens...
Blog name: Independence
13 April 2005, 18:27:48 GMT+01:00 – Like – Reply

Wild Pegasus
I got poor results for all parties, which illustrates just how illiberal the modern parties are (Tory 27 was my highest).

- Josh
13 April 2005, 15:04:45 GMT+01:00 – Like – Reply

dave t
I'm a 59 Tory 3 Green so does that mean I should really be thinking to the right of Atilla the Hun? Hmm.
13 April 2005, 14:20:04 GMT+01:00 – Like – Reply

Stuart Dickson
-"in Edinburgh South, the Liberals claim to be in second place to Nigel Griffiths, Labour"

From all the data and info I've received, that is true.

Both Baxter and Denver et al judge the LD's to be a clear 2nd place to Labour.
13 April 2005, 10:52:42 GMT+01:00 – Like – Reply

Paul Lewis
My test results are torn between UKIP and Tory. However in Edinburgh South, the Liberals claim to be in second place to Nigel Griffiths, Labour. If true, then I may even vote Liberal.
13 April 2005, 10:29:01 GMT+01:00